Cast and release date of Apple’s animated fantasy film
Apple Original Films has finally set the release date for Skydance Animation’s next fantasy animated film Luck, which will feature a star-studded voice cast including Oscar-winning actor Whoopi Goldberg and Simon Pegg (Ice Age movies). The animated adventure will be available to stream worldwide on Friday, August 5, exclusively on Apple TV+.
Additionally, Broadway star Eva Noblezada (A yellow rose, Miss Saigon), Flula Borg (Trolls World Tour), Lil Rel Howery (free guy), Colin O’Donoghue (Once upon a time), John Ratzenberger (Cheers) and Adelynn Spoon (watchmen) were also discarded.
—Apple TV+ (@AppleTVPlus) January 26, 2022
RELATED: Percy Jackson and the Olympians Greenlit Series Adaptation to Disney+
“Luck centers on the world’s unluckiest girl who stumbles upon the untold world of good and bad luck and must join magical creatures to discover a force more powerful than luck itself,” reads the synopsis.
They will join acclaimed star Jane Fonda (Grace & Frankie), a previously confirmed cast member, as she takes on the role of CEO of Good Luck and the luckiest former being in all the land, the Dragon. Other character descriptions are listed below:
- Noblezada will play the lead role of Sam Greenfield – the unluckiest person in the world. When she grows old out of foster care, Sam discovers the land of luck and embarks on a quest that could change her luck forever.
- Pegg’s Bob – a lucky black cat from the land of luck, who becomes Sam’s partner in the quest to find a lucky penny in hopes of preserving his lucky life.
- Goldberg is the captain – stands guard as head of security for the lucky land.
- Jeff the Unicorn of Borg – is a larger-than-life facilities engineer who maintains the magic machine that distributes good and bad luck to the human world and dreams of one day finding his one true love
- Howery’s Marv – the owner of the Flowers & More store where Sam gets his first job, who is upbeat, well-dressed, and always ready with a word of encouragement for unlucky Sam.
- O’Donoghue’s Gerry – a loyal leprechaun who loves his job working with Bob at Arrivals and Departures in the Land of Good Luck and is the first to volunteer for any task, bringing good cheer wherever he goes.
- Ratzenberger’s Rootie – a root of bad luck and the self-appointed mayor of Bad Luck, who runs The Lucky Shot, Bad Luck’s one and only watering hole, where he specializes in free advice.
- Spoon’s Hazel – Sam’s roommate and best friend at the Summerland Home for Girls, who is five years old and believes she will be adopted by her family forever once she finds a real lucky penny, which Sam is determined to find for his.
RELATED: Disney+’s Moana Series Has Found Its Director In David G. Derrick Jr.
The magical and adventurous film is directed by Peggy Holmes from a screenplay written by Kiel Murray, Jon Aibel and Glenn Berger. The producers are John Lasseter, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and David Eisenmann for Skydance Animation.
With Luck, Apple and Skydance are also set to premiere another fantastic movie titled Bewitched which will feature the music of Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken.