Our UCL star XI for free fantasy game, CLUB
Sponsored by CLUB
Excitement around CLUB continues to grow, as this new free-to-play mobile fantasy game nears the early access beta.
CLUB allows football fans to create, build and sell their own digital football club and step into the shoes of a club owner (CO).
Uniquely, you will be able to choose players from the top five European leagues and they will score you points based not only on their performance in domestic leagues but also in European competitions.
With CLUB’s intuitive scoring promising to match football fans’ “eye test”, we’ve picked the 11 most notable players from the recent UEFA Champions League (UCL) Round of 16 that we’d love to own.
JOIN THE CLUB HERE
How to play CLUB?
Like all fantasy games we know and love, CLUB users choose real players and score points based on their performance in the real world.
CLUB takes it to another level in their next-gen Fantasy Football game, however:
- Pick players from Europe’s top five leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga) and track their fortunes in the UEFA Europa League and Champions League.
- The intuitive scoring system reflects what you see on the pitch. For example, a N’Golo Kante masterclass without goals or assists would still see him score competitively.
- Teams use real formations and realistic player roles, so you can’t have four left backs in your defence. These will reflect the real world positions a player is capable of playing. So, for example, Mohammad Salah could be a striker or a midfielder depending on how you choose to play him.
- Initially, you’ll select a Premier League side, with a limited budget and tough choices to make. You can start with a star or two, but you’ll need to grow your club, scout for talent, earn money and work to build a dream team that can eventually include all of Europe’s top stars!
- You can increase your budget by climbing the league table, winning cup competitions, or expanding your club’s infrastructure through facilities and sponsorships.
- CLUB’s dynamic transfer market sees player prices fluctuate based on their beneficial ownership (EO). With five leagues of star players, teams should theoretically be less “model”.
UCL BEST XI ROUND OF 16
GK–Ederson (Manchester City)
As the only goalkeeper to keep clean sheets in both legs of this round, it’s fair to start with the Manchester City stopper.
DEF – Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
Three English teams advanced to the quarter-finals and Chelsea’s success was helped by the clean sheet in the first leg and Cesar Azpilicueta’s goal in the second leg.
DEF – Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
It’s a similar story for Liverpool colossus Virgil van Dijk, who forged a fantastic away performance alongside Ibrahima Konate to keep Inter Milan out. He even found time to get on the pitch and assist Mohamed Salah’s goal.
DEF – Pau Torres (Villarreal)
The main shock of this round was Villarreal after they drew 1-1 at home to Juventus with a 3-0 victory in Turin. Spain centre-back Pau Torres contributed to both sides by successfully stopping the hosts and scoring the second goal.
DEF – Renan Lodi (Atletico Madrid)
Not only did the Atletico left-back score and earn a clean sheet at Old Trafford, but he was substituted in the first leg shortly before Manchester United equalized. So it’s a pair of shutouts, a goal and an assist for Joao Felix.
MID – Leroy Sané (Bayern Munich)
Bayern were reportedly nervous heading into their second leg against Salzburg, with the match in Austria ending 1-1. They didn’t have to worry. Last Tuesday brought a 7-1 mayhem, helped in part by Leroy Sane’s goal and two assists.
MID – N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)
Some defensive stability is needed in this midfield and N’Golo Kante has once again shown his talents, this time against Lille. He was named ‘Player of the Match’ by the Official Fantasy UCL Match for the first leg, due to one clean sheet, one assist and seven ball recoveries.
MID – Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
Many Man City players used to play for Benfica, so imagine how delighted they were to beat fierce rivals Sporting 5-0 in February. This made them the first team in Champions League history to lead by at least four goals halfway through a knockout tie. Bernardo Silva scored twice in Lisbon.
MID – Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Chelsea’s third player scored in both legs against Lille.
FOR – Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
Up front are two world class superstars who had nothing to prove but still managed to score hat tricks on the biggest club stage. Although Sane played a role in Bayern’s 7-1 draw, an even bigger role were Robert Lewandowski’s three goals and assist. It is now the first hat-trick in Champions League history, completed in 23 minutes.
FOR – Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
The spectacular comeback against Paris Saint-Germain was entirely down to Karim Benzema. Three quarters into the game, Real Madrid were leading 2-0 on aggregate and were on the verge of being knocked out. Then, under the eyes of Kylian Mbappe, Lionel Messi and Neymar, Benzema scored three times and eliminated the French team. A magnificent individual performance.
You can now create an account on the CLUB website and for those who want to access the early access beta and guarantee themselves a low club number, you can also get your hands on one of their limited founder clubs a once you have created an Account.
Annual subscriptions, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Chart your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your picks and transfers.
- Access over 150 member-exclusive items throughout the season.
- Analyze our OPTA powered stat charts specially designed for Fantasy Football managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to create custom stat tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Take advantage of our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and data on expected goals for each player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze head-to-head players.
ALREADY USER ? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
NEW TO SCOUT? CLICK HERE TO CREATE A MEMBER ACCOUNT