Win a share of € 250,000 in the FanTeam Champions League Fantasy game
Sponsored by FanTeam
The UEFA Champions League is back and with it a chance to win some life changing money.
Fantasy managers can put their knowledge of European football to the test in FanTeam’s € 250,000 Champions League group stage match, which comes with a guaranteed first price of € 50,000.
As the name of the game suggests, there is a total of € 250,000 in the prize pool, with the top 1,250 managers walk away with cash prizes.
With a maximum of 15,060 entrances allowed and, at the time of writing, only around 1,829 Currently registered teams, the odds are favorable for those who know their Tiraspols sheriff from their Shakhtars.
Entrances cost just € 20 (£ 16.80), an amount that many of us will have spent in our Fantasy Premier League mini-leagues in the past.
An unlimited number of teams per user is also allowed.
Better yet: the rules of the game and the scoring system are very similar to those of the FPL, so skills are easily transferred from one game to another.
So if you’ve always wanted to own both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel messi in your Fantasy side – now you can!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE € 250,000 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FANTASY GAME FROM FANTEAM
HOW TO PLAY: A BRIEF GUIDE
- Slightly from the FPL, the managers of the FanTeam Champions League form a team of 11 players which includes at least a goalkeeper, three defenders, two midfielders and a striker.
- Safety Net Feature: If your player does not start, they will be replaced by a starting teammate at the same position whose value closely matches the original selection (decreasing prices only).
- A maximum of three players from the same Champions League club can be selected, with the initial team budget set at 100.0 million.
- A captain is chosen to earn double points, with an appointed vice-captain scoring the double if the captain is not playing.
- Two free transfers are allowed each Gameweek, with each additional transfer costing minus four points. Managers can carry a maximum of two Gameweek transfers, but can never have more than four free transfers in their locker.
With only the group stage covered by FanTeam’s game, there is no need to worry about long term planning for knockout rounds, price changes or chip strategy: it’s simply a six Gameweek tournament, which runs from mid-September to early December.
For a breakdown of the rules, see the image above.
Seasoned FPL managers, or those who play FanTeam’s € 1million Premier League game, should have no problem adjusting to the € 250,000 Champions League group stage match.
The familiar scoring system is shown above, with the minor differences outlined below.
KEY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN FANTEAM AND FPL
- There is no bonus point system, which is replaced by plus / minus points (+ 0.3 / -0.3) if a team wins / loses during the time a player is on the pitch.
- Goalkeepers get 0.5 point for each save made, unlike the point awarded in FPL for three save increments.
- Committing a fault which leads to a goal from a free kick or a converted penalty is penalized by minus two points.
- Midfielders and forwards get an extra point for completing the full game.
- Each shot on target is rewarded (+0.4 for attackers / midfielders, +0.6 for defenders, +1.0 for goalkeepers).
REGISTER YOUR TEAM BEFORE THE GAMEWEEK 1 DEADLINE
18+. begambleaware.org. #a d